Pages

Friday, April 26, 2024

Review - LEGO Technic 42163 C Model Skid Steer Loader

This C model of LEGO Technic set 42163 by Larsagri is the latest C model by them that I have built, I have built a number of their C models and have always found theses to be enjoyable experiences.

This skid steer loader (or bobcat as they are called in Australia) is well designed and has two features:
- The arms are raised and lowered via the black knob on the roof.
- The bucket is tilted via the level on the side of the arm.

The tracks work well and is easy to play with, as my 7 year old son gave this a good test.

The building guide is 54 steps long and is easily completed in half an hour or so. I was building this from scratch, from a brand new copy of 42163. I didn't do any sorting, just dumped all the parts in a tub and built. No issues came up during the build and all the steps were easy to follow.

The end result is a cute looking model, which fits in well with my expanding collection. For $10, it is better value than a take away meal.

I am not sure if I will keep this built or use the parts for my own C model.





No comments:

Post a Comment