Friday, July 12, 2024

MOC - 42151 C Model American Truck - Recovery Tow Attachment Mk2

As a passionate LEGO Technic builder, I'm thrilled to share my latest creation: the Recovery Tow Attachment Mk2 for the LEGO Technic 42151 C Model American Truck. This custom design transforms the standard American truck into a powerful recovery vehicle, ready to tackle any heavy-duty towing job. Below, I'll take you through the inspiration, design process, and features of this unique MOC (My Own Creation).

The inspiration for the Recovery Tow Attachment Mk2 came from my fascination with real-life tow trucks and their complex machinery. I wanted to create a realistic and functional attachment that could seamlessly integrate with the LEGO Technic 42151 C Model American Truck. My goal was to design an attachment that not only looked authentic but also provided a challenging and rewarding building experience. This attaches using the same mounting points and system as my previous attachment and this is the standard mounting system I will use with this truck for attachments in the future.

I started by studying various types of recovery tow trucks and their mechanisms. Using my existing collection of LEGO Technic pieces, I built several prototypes to test different mechanisms and configurations.

Each prototype helped me refine the design, ensuring that the attachment was both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
After multiple iterations, I finalized the design and created a detailed parts list.

The final build involved careful assembly, ensuring that all moving parts operated smoothly and the attachment securely connected to the truck.

The Recovery Tow Attachment Mk2 has two features:
- Tow Arm with Tow Line: This is controlled by the front set of black gears and has a lever to automatically lock this line in place as it is reeled in.
- Recovery Lifter: This is controlled by the rear set of black gears and is used to lift the wheels of the towed vehicle to allow his to be safely towed.

Overall, this is the attachment I have spent the most time and effort on designing and building, I am very happy with how it has turned out.


Video


No comments:

Post a Comment