Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2024

MOD - LEGO Technic 42151 C Model - Pickup Truck


Recently I have built the C model Pickup Truck of LEGO technic set 42151, this was designed by "ErikGS", the instructions for this C Model can be found on Rebrickable.

After building this, I was very impressed with the model and design but I saw a few areas where it could be improved, this was mostly due to some parts only being held in by one connector, such as the doors, around the engine bay and some other areas such as the top of the roof and the dashboard not staying together very well, given was a C model and only used the parts from set 42151, this was understandable.

I have spent some time recently "modding" this C model and making some changes. This uses a number of other parts, meaning it is no longer a "proper" C model. I have listed the changes below.

Front End Redesign.


Bonnet has been swapped around and now opens, this allows the engine to be seen in operation. I also installed a stay to keep this open.


The rear of the engine bay also had a stay installed, to provide some extra support.


The cabin has been redesigned and has had some extra beams installed to provide more strength.


A number of parts have been swapped to yellow, to give it a set of yellow strips from the front to the back.


The rear tray has been improved, with side sports bars installed and some changes to the rear of the cabin and tailgate.



Finally, I swapped over the wheels to ones in black and with a different tread profile, which I feels better suits this vehicle.



No comments:

Post a Comment