Pages

Monday, April 1, 2024

MOD - Loading Trailer for 42151 C Model Pick Up Truck

Recently I have completed my modifications of the LEGO Technic 42151 C Model pick up truck, to add my own ideas and touches to it. Following this, I decided I wanted to design and build a trailer for this to tow. I had a spare copy of set 42167, which I had recently built as a C model tilt tray truck, my plan was to use the parts from this to build my trailer.

I started off loading the parts from 42167 in to Studio and using this to design a trailer. After a few hours I had a design, which I was happy with. When it came time to break down 42167, which was built as a tilt tray truck, I thought this idea might work well for a trailer. A quick redesign and I ended up pulling off the front cabin part, keeping the rear tilt tray intact and redesigning this to be a trailer.

I had to move the wheels back two studs and make some modifications to the tray lifting an tilting mechanism, to allow this to work. I also built a draw bar, added a stand for when it is not in use and made some minor changes to the tray. Finally I had to add a tow bar to 42151 C model pick up truck to allow this to two the trailer, this is a 7 stud beam that connects just behind the rear wheels and to the rear bumper bar.

Overall, I am very happy with how this has turned out. My next plan is to build some other trailers and attachments for 42151 C model pick up truck.










No comments:

Post a Comment