Pages

Monday, April 8, 2024

Review - LEGO Technic 42147 - 8x4 - Tipper Truck

I have been a big fan of LEGO Technic set 42147 and have built a few different C models from this.

Recently I came across this C model, which is built by using two copies of LEGO Technic 42147. It has been designed by "technicprojects" (https://rebrickable.com/users/technicprojects/mocs/)

It has two main features. The first one is the hand of god steering which is controlled by the black knob on top of the cabin.  The second is the rear body can be tilted back and dumped, this is also controlled by a black knob which is on the side of the rear chassis.

I have recently become a bit of a fan of these smaller entry level LEGO Technic sets, I think for the price and piece count, they represent excellent value.

I found the building process for this to be quite enjoyable, there's a wide variety of parts and the whole process from start to finish is really well thought-out. One thing that I did notice however was that step 45 is actually done in step 44, this had me confused for a while and I thought I had missed something. The rear lifting is also not very strong and feels a bit unstable when it is raised fully. This is something I will be fixing when I make some mods to this model.

Overall I am quite a fan of this set, it has two really well thought-out and functional features, it looks good and for a cost of $30, it is good value.







No comments:

Post a Comment