Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Review - LEGO Technic 42178 C Model Slope Tractor by Larsagri

Recently I was looking online and found the LEGO Technic set 42178 Surface Space Loader on special at 20% off from a local retailer. While I was not a huge fan of this model, the price and parts made me think, after a quick check on Rebrickable, I found this C model by Larsagri, which looked much more interesting to me. I have built a number of C models by them and found them to be well designed and of a very high standard.

This Slope Tractor comes with a roller and a fork lift. It has some interesting features, I have added my own thoughts on each of these below:
- 4-wheel steering: This seems to work fairly well, it is hard to get it to stay straight in the centre position.
- 3-point hitch in front and rear (same size): This works well and gives you a lot of options for adding extra attachments. This is something I am going to explore more in the future.
- Front hitch lifted by linear actuator: This works well and have a decent range of movement.
- Rear hitch can be locked in upper position: This took me a little while to work out. It does allow you to lock this in the raised position.
- Detailed cabin: This area was a bit of a surprise for me. It has a great level of detail.
- Roller: This has too many gaps to be a real roller, I would call it more a plough.
- Fork lift: This is more a set of forks / carry all.

I found the building process to be very enjoyable and logical. I did some basic sorting, placing all the beams, wheels and body panels in one container and the rest of the parts in another. I did make a couple of mistakes in the first few pages, when building the chassis, this was due to needing to flip it over and in the early steps, it is very easy to get the front and back confused. I did also struggle with getting some parts of the cabin to line up.

Overall, this is a cool C model, it is larger than I was expecting and it is going to be a good base for some modding and other attachments in the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment