Saturday, June 1, 2024

Mod - LEGO Technic 42151 C Model American Truck - Cherry Picker

Recently I have built and reviewed the American Truck C model of set 42151, which was designed by "ConstructionsByDonat". While I found this to be a well designed and built C model, I felt with some changes it could be a good base for expanding it. I spent sometime working on some changes, these include: - Redesigning the cabin roof and supports, to better lock this in position and give it a more polished and finished look.
- Reducing the height of the exhaust pipe.
- Change to dual rear axels.
- Swapping the rear wheels to offroad type tread.
- Extending the rear body, this it is allow various attachments to be connected.

After doing all of the above, I decided it would be fairly easy to modify my cherry picker attachment from my UORT and mount this on to the rear. This lead to me pulling my UORT and most of it's attachments apart, and using these parts to improve this truck and also modify my cherry picker attachment. This now has a solid mounting system and can easily be removed from the truck with only one axle being removed from the rear, but it is still solid enough to not allow the cherry picker attachment to come off. My plan is to now build some different attachments for this.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment